Monday, March 13, 2006

on a lighter note....

How about that World Baseball Classic? Juan, I assume you're cheering on Puerto Rico, and I am, of course rooting for Team USA (go Brad Lidge!)...although the Dominican Republic is looking mighty good, too. I'm glad Cuba not only got the US State Department's permission to play, but have advanced as well: perhaps baseball can begin to bridge some of our considerable differences.

So, who will advance to the semifinals?? My picks are Puerto Rico & the Dominican Republic in Pool 2, and USA and Japan probably in Pool 1. But Venezuela and South Korea might be the dark horse picks in each pool respectively.

Anyway, I'm excited to see how this plays out...and especially how it impacts the regular MLB season. How Clemens feels afterwards will probably affect how my beloved Astros do. So here's to the Rocket staying in Houston and feeling good!

No comments: